What is Out of Our Control in Social Media?
I was interested to read an article in The New Scientist, last week, which recognised how hard it is to accurately predict reliable weather forecasts, and reported on a new weather test which is going to be run by the BBC. More can be read on the weather club website
The weather affects us all to some degree, whether personally or in business.
- Shall I take an umbrella?
- When can I harvest my crops?
- When shall we display our winter clothing range?
- Do we need to grit the roads tonight
- Shall we hold the school fete on the field or in the hall?
So much is planned taking the weather into account, and in social media campaigns we also have to plan around other outside influences.
- When does my target audience use Social Media?
- Will Facebook’s EdgeRank share my information with those that I would like to see it?
- Which social media platform/s is right for my business?
These are only a few examples of questions that need to be answered in order for your Social Media Marketing Campaign to be successful. A good social media manager will seek to find these answers for you, either through experience, research or measuring responses.
If I can be of any help with you social media marketing, please contact me – 01462 615921.